Tuesday 27 May 2003

Spice Girls meets Blondie

Spice Girls meets Blondie meets Oasis meets Betty Boo

Sound of the Underground the debut album from Girls Aloud is here. And by eck its a stonker.

It's not often that I buy retail albums anymore but back in 1996 & 7 I was a first day buyer of both Spice Girl albums and yesterday was a trip back to my teenage years as I excitedly rushed to get the GA album. So you're thinking ok.. bit freaky, a popstars band and this is a 21 year old rushing to get the album. Sure it may not be as mature or acceptable as racing to get Hail to the Thief when its released but hey I don't care.

I haven't got time to write a full review now due to impending exams, but I can say that the album is fantastic . Its what we all expected the 3rd Spice Girls album to be before realising they had gone all r 'n' b. A fantastic blend of exciting electro pop sounds, if you're a music fan, not someone who rigidly sticks to genres to be cool, then this is a definate good use of £9.99.

[EDIT: Ok I was maybe a bit too overly enthusiastic here, but it is v. good. Revision is pants. Exams are nasty and my uni are so arsey! Grrh. Can someone tell me how to make my comments thing not black??]

No comments:

Post a Comment