Wednesday 19 April 2006

REVIEW: The Organ @ The Garage

Organ



A few weeks ago Kim sent me an email gasping 'have you heard the organ album? it's like blondie doing the smiths with some... um.... organs!'.  With slightly raised eyebrows over the place of an organ in 2006, I dutifully checked out this Canadian quintet's album Grab That Gun, and its quirky little melodies kept naggingly staying my head.



So hooray for them playing London so soon after first hearing them. Normally I have to email people far away, get ropey MP3s and then wait about a year, til I obviously gone off them, before bands come to London. But not this time, hooray!



Last Wednesday then, we went to see them play at The Garage in Highbury.  It was a fun night, mainly because we had rather a few free drinks, but the ladies in question were really good live.



If you haven't heard them yet then check out, you guessed it, their myspace page, in particular the single Brother and the Blondiesque Mesmorize This City.



Then head on over to Gigwise to read my review of the London gig and grow annoyed that they are now out of the UK for a while.  There'll be an interview I did with them coming soon also.

No comments:

Post a Comment