Wednesday 20 December 2006

REVIEW: Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape

GwenI really liked Love Angel Music Baby as soon as I heard it. What U Waitin' For was a spectacular debut single, and the brilliant Bubble Pop Electric made me bounce round my room for weeks.



So, now, here comes The Sweet Escape, and I'm immediately put off it by her hair. Once again we see here the importance of proper popstar hair. I'm curious as to see how No Doubt fans will accept Gwen back. Hasn't she just about lost all credibility?



The dreary 'Orange County Girl' send us reaching for the skip button as a whiny Gwen sings "I'm just an Orange County girl, living in an extraordinary world." Give us 'Jenny from The Block' anyday.

Read my review in full at Entertainment Wise .

2 comments:

  1. it's too late. she's too far gone. i couldn't care less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More importantly, have you heard the cover of 'What you waiting for?' by Franz Ferdinand on Radio One's Live Lounge? It's quite funny actually. In fact, they all are.

    ReplyDelete