Monday 19 November 2007

Harder Faster Better Stronger: The Daft Punk Story



I'm really excited to tell you that this Thursday my very first radio documentary will be broadcast on BBC Radio 1.

Celebrating 10 years since the release of their Daft Punk's debut album "Homework", we've sent Pete Tong on a mission to discover who the men behind the robot helmets really are. As well as featuring a rare interview with both of Daft Punk, you'll also hear the guys from Soma Records explaining how it all began, Kanye West musing on Stronger, Award winning director Michel Gondry doing karaoke, as well as Calvin Harris, Vitalic and Phoenix talking about the boys as icons.

Who knew making 28 minutes of radio would be so much hard work? I've gained 3 wrinkles but hopefully it's all been worth it. People seem to like it so far. Above is the video we've created to advertise the documentary. Big thanks to my friend Chris for agreeing to be taken over by the power of the robotic music.

I hope you'll have a listen this Thursday 22nd November, BBC Radio 1, at some point between 9.00 and 10.00pm. Otherwise it will be on the Radio 1 website forever, so you have no excuses. Feedback very welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I was looking for the archive of the daft punk interview on radio 1 and can not find it. Was just wondering if anyone knew where I could hear the harder faster better stronger, the daft punk story interview from November 22, 2007
    Thanks
    CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm looking for the interview as well and since I couldn't find it on the website I was hoping that maybe you could lead the way for those of us who missed it the first time?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me three, I had a look on the various parts of the BBC website and itunes but I couldn't find it..

    Thanks,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete