Monday 12 May 2008

Neon Neon - I Lust U

For some reason I completely ignored tales of how amazing Neon Neon were until yesterday. An electronic project of Super Furry Animal's Gruff Rhys and twinkly electroboy Boom Bip, the pair first worked together on one track in 2005 and enjoyed it so much they decided to create a whole album. I've not heard all of Stainless Steel yet, but from what I have their March single I Lust U immediately stands out. Slow bleeping 80s synths add a hypnotic feel to this duet which features cute Welsh singer Cate Le Bon on vocals with Gruff and it creates what I would think a chilled out electronic masterpiece. Cate's vocals remind me of Ladytron and 'I Lust U' is almost what would happen if Ladytron met Fischerspooner.

2 comments:

  1. [...] to cleverly thought out visuals and a really up for it crowd. I’ve mentioned their excellent I Lust You before so make sure you check it if you haven’t already. Question is - can it be Mercury [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] when the nominations were announced I was dead set on Neon Neon to take the win. It is full of amazing electro pop, but there are a couple of tracks where they [...]

    ReplyDelete