Saturday 28 June 2008

My Heart Can’t Rest Till Then



Miley Cyrus' 'See You Again' has been one of my favourite songs over the last 6 months, and has to be one of those pop songs to go into the annals as a classic. Now LA punk disco band have covered it in their own psychadelic way. There's no live lounge irony here, it's just full on fun with swirling synths, banging drums and Muse-esque roaming chords; and it makes me very happy because I now have a version I can play at Popstarz.

Download it here.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, it's OK, but given a choice between that and the original, couldn't you just play the original? Has Miley been receiving enough airplay in the UK that the hipster crowd would recognize what it was? If you don't know the artist, I think you could pass it off as a fairly credibly indie sounding record (esp. if you mix it into "Sunglasses at night").

    As you might guess, I think MC is actually not a bad piece of pop.

    graham

    ReplyDelete