Tuesday 22 July 2008

Mercury Music Prize 2008



I've not listened to nearly enough albums in the last year to do this accurately, but I'm about to head down to Covent Garden to hear the Mercury Music Prize nominations. Here's what I'm expecting to hear (bar the random ones no ones ever heard of)

Neon Neon - Stainless Steel
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Kate Nash - Made of Bricks
Roisin Murphy - Overpowered
Burial - Untrue
Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement
Portishead - Third
MIA - Kala
Robert Plant & Alison Krauus - Raising Sand
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Adele - 19

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited Portico Quartet were nominated. They're great - I saw them first busking outside the National Theatre and they were ace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they played live at the launch and were ace.

    ReplyDelete