Thursday 17 September 2009

Chelley - Took The Night

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_RFWpm5dg[/youtube]

I've not DJ-ed much at Miss-Shapes recently but if I had then Chelley's 'Take The Night' would be totally filling the dancefloor. I don't really know its story other than it came out in Spring in America on Ultra Records and has recently been remixed with a verse from Mims. I've no idea if it's coming out in the UK properly but 1xtra have been playing it every so often.

Chelley is a 21 year old singer from Brooklyn who put together the song with Ricky Blaze. Fiesty and utterly unforgiving, it reminds me a lot of Avenue D's Do I Look Like A Slut. The other couple of tracks on her myspace don't sound that interesting but this song should be legendary.

No comments:

Post a Comment