Tuesday 18 July 2006

Place your bets now

HotchipThoughts on this later maybe, but here's the list of nominees for this year's Mercury Music Prize.



Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas
Editors - The Back Room
Guillemots -Through the Windowpane
Richard Hawley - Coles Corner
Hot Chip - The Warning32
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
Zoe Rahman - Melting Pot
Lou Rhodes - Beloved One
Scritti Politti - White Bread Black Beer
Sway - This is My Demo
Thom Yorke - The Eraser



Seriously, could it be much more yawnsome? Admittedly, I've only heard a few of them so I probably shouldn't judge yet - but it does just  look boring, doesn't it? Hooray for Muse and Hot Chip, but where's Come and Get It and Chemistry, for gawds sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment