Sunday 20 August 2006

Beyonce - Ring The Alarm

There was a time when I disliked Beyonce Knowles. Second only to Easther Bennett in my chart of ‘evil women in pop’ (now probably overtaken by Nadine Coyle), I hated the way she strutted round Destiny’s Child like the queen bee. Yes B, only you can sing, only you can get the nice outfits, the best dance moves. To be fair, her dad was their manager, but still!



Now though, she has for the first time gone scary. And you know what? I kinda like it.



While fans despair at Deja-Vu’s erratic dancing and haute cauture fashion (DISGRACEFUL!) with their bizarre petition, they are going to be for a even bigger shock when they see the video for her next single Ring the Alarm.






Making great use of an air raid siren, this is Beyonce at her craziest. Taking off bits of Basic Instinct in the video, la Knowles continues in her attempt to become Tina Turner. Watch her crazy eyes as well as her even more erratic dancing. Warning though, if you don’t like the track immediately don’t dismiss it straight away. It’s hard, it’s violent and it’s like Beyonce has lost the plot. She has, but she’s jumped on a completely different one. I hope the rest of B’Day is this interesting. Click through that video to Youtube and check out the comments on the vid. Bonkers.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's mad, that is.

    I'm in work, so can't hear the sound, only watching Beyonce go bonkers. She's throwing definite Tina shapes. It's a complete car crash, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh My God anyone that can fathom a negative comment about Ms. Knowles is a complete HATER!! Ring the alarm there is certainly an emergency as someone has taken leave of their senses. Ring the Alarm is genious. Hats off to Beyoncee. Sexy, Sultry, and Energetic performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. liking it more than before26 September 2006 at 04:09

    I agree! I never liked her stuff a whole lot and found it very commercial and too creative. But B-Day has more expression and creativeness. Ring the Alarm sticks with you (wish the song Creole - the Japanese bonus track - was also a part of our US release.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. liking it more than before26 September 2006 at 04:11

    i meant to say that her stuff was not too creative before (to me) and it is much more so now. my mistake - hope my comments were not misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete