Sunday 20 August 2006

V 2006

Nina_2 Yesterday we trundled along to the Chelmsford side of the V festival. Having failed to apply for press accredidation in time, we had to pay (gasp!) for tickets, but it was well, well worth it.



1. The festival is organised with military precision. Buses carrying punters to and fro the site from the nearest rail station were in abundance, free and very easy to get on. Similarly the train station is much, much better organised than Reading during their festival.



2. We missed the Divine Comedy. *sob*



3. The Magic Numbers sound record-perfect live. Unfortunatly they aren’t quite interesting enough to bother watching for more than 5 minutes.



4. Everyone is on average 10 years older than those at Reading / Leeds. A festival minus the angry rock/emo aspect? Hooray!



5. ‘Reason for going to V no.1’ The Cardigans retained their newly realised place as favourite band ever’ in my heart. A pretty similar set to when I saw them in London earlier in the year, they played three Gran Turismo tracks (Erase/Rewind, Favourite Game and Hanging Around) and filled the rest of their set with tracks from their last two albums.



6. Playing giant Connect4 on the floor of the Oxfam Stall is fun.



7. ‘Reason for going to V no.2’ was Girls Aloud. I whooped with delight when they were added but wondered exactly how a festival crowd would react to our pop princesses. The answer = mentally. The huge JJB tent filled up 20 minutes before the girls were on and was completely full with 20somethings dancing around to Biology, Love Machine and amazingly I Predict A Riot. They even brought dancers. Dancers and dance routines at a festival!!!  I just hope they do another arena tour before splitting so I can see them properly.



8. Editors sounded great from far away, but we were a bit busy playing the new Super Mario in the DS tent. I am totally going to HMV to buy a DS shortly.



9. Radiohead sounded epic but weren’t as enjoyable as the tuna bagel I was eating while watching them. They kind of passed me by while I was growing up, but enjoyed all the big hits including the spine tingling Paranoid Android.



10. Why weren’t Ladytron booked? They would have been perfect.


 

1 comment:

  1. From the clip I saw on C4, The Divine Comedy's performance didn't look all that great. Having said that, they only showed them doing "Something For The Weekend" which I could imagine Neil is a bit sick of by now. But yay for getting a DS! You totally need to get Mario Kart too for some internet racing against me and Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete