Friday 13 July 2007

Summer Beats

"I think I'm the last person in the world to hear that Sonny Jim track" said Greg over im on Wednesday evening. Um... what track? It turned out to be Can't Stop Movin by Sonny Jim. I'd never heard it before either, not having recently listened to Annie Mac or Steve Wright, the two shows that seem to be giving it most airplay. In any case I feel behind the times, but it's so good it deserves a post.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W9e_4A7EKoA[/youtube]

Funky, fun and combining a Junior Senior / Avalanches vibe, this is the type of thing that would have been massive on our student radio station. It was released in May on Rough Trade records but sadly doesn't seem to have really broken through into the mainstream. In any case it's a classic, summer feel-good track and I'd love to check the album out very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment