Tuesday 4 December 2007

You Know You Love Me


gossip.jpg


 



Buffy is dead. Angel is dead. Veronica is dead. At the start of this US season I was determined to find myself a new favourite television show and I've managed it hook, line and sinker. In just 9 episodes, the CW's (boo!) Gossip Girl has become possibly my favourite show ever. Based on a series of teen books by Cecily von Ziegesar that I don't think ever made it to the UK, the show has the same feel as the amazing Cruel Intentions.

For some reason I never watched the OC but some people are comparing it to that, but who knows if that's right. What I can tell you is that it's sexy, funny, devious, and if you're one of those people whose heart is crushed every time she thinks of the US visa laws, this is one of those shows that just makes you want to move to New York tomorrow. Revolving around the lives of the rich Upper East Siders, the gorgeous Blair and Serena take centre stage in a world little miss anonymous Gossip Girl really wants to keep us updated on. Kirstin Bell herself is Gossip Girl, a role which never appears on camera but just narrates. It's odd at first but it works.

I don't want to spoil it, I don't want to say anymore. Just find a way to watch it, it's all types of brilliant.

You know you'll love it. xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, i am ALL OVER this show. and it's way better/more addictive/better eye candy than the OC, which i also loved for about a season and a half. also this show was all over the LondonPaper today, so everyone else will be catching on shortly! xx kira (londonist)

    ReplyDelete