Wednesday 25 February 2009

Napoleon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQechwXd2w[/youtube]

Too often at the moment I'm hearing an amazing song, thinking 'ooh I'll blog about that' and then remembering when it's at #1. Unhelpful. The brilliantly named 'I Love My Baby (but if anyone touches her I'll kill them) is one such track. Not that it'll ever go to #1 mind.

Perfectly positioned to break the UK in a post-Alphabeat land this burst of twee bliss is blasting straight out of Sweden thanks to 11 piece band Napoleon. I first heard it on Radio 2's amazing Radcliffe & Maconie show a few weeks ago where it later went on to become their record of the week. It's slightly oddly mixed and nothing else on their myspace comes close but the horns, the chirpy female backing vocals and the whole Motown vibe is a winner. This single came out last week and an album will be out later in the year courtesy of Ruffa Lane Records.

2 comments:

  1. At first I thought that video was actually just movie clips. This reminds me of Blow Monkeys a wee bit. Interesting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete