Thursday 1 October 2009

Glee!

glee1009



Buffy, Angel, Veronica Mars, Doctor Who, Gossip Girl, Pushing Daisies True Blood and now Glee. These are the shows that have / would make me cry actual tiny tears should they be cancelled.

One of the major things I want in life (save love, peace, a new Billie single, unlimited crispy aromatic duck) is to join a choir that sings pop songs. Earlier in the year I had singing lessons for the first time and now I feel a little bit more confident about singing in front of others. Though if you ask any of my Singstar pals I've felt confident in that for years. So pop choirs are you out there? I'm Jewish - so I didn't do choir at my CoE school and I don't want to start praising the lord or anything like that now, I just want straight down the line Girls Aloud, Abba, JLS, Mamas and Papas, Sean Kingston style nonsense with over the top harmonies and my name in lights. London - can you sort this out please? One exists in Barnes, but unless I move into Jack's, it seems an unlikely distance. It might as well be in Wigan.

Anyway, back to the seemingly random list of TV shows. Fox's Glee is yet another show to make me want to go back in time and redo high school but be in America. The notion of a glee club in US high schools seems to be a choir but with choreography who take part in country wide championships like a sport. This is where I want 15 year old me to be.

The show will be on E4 later this year, and is the first of the new US season shows to be picked up for a full 22 episode series with massive ratings and twitter trending insanely.

Here's an idea of what you should expect. It's quirky and often laugh out loud, I could bang out about how hot Matt Morrison is or blah blah blah but I don't want to spoil anything:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWrnsASi3c[/youtube]

And in this week's episode Kristin Chenoweth guest starred. Olive Snook! The way she hits the chorus of 'Alone' is jawdropping. She also performed a brilliant version of 'Maybe This Time' but it's probably better to see that in context.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmj6Vdlteo8[/youtube]

If nothing else, it will make Helen ridiculously happy.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be amazing.

    Go and see A Single Man, Pushing Daisies' Lee Pace is in it for at least five minutes!
    xx

    ReplyDelete