Sunday 29 November 2009

I Blame Coco

coco

I Blame Coco (dot coco dot coco dot com) is the daughter of Sting. She signed to Island Records around the same time as Tommy Sparks and VV Brown but save a few lo-fi reggae vibe-y tracks that have appeared on youtube, there's been little heard of her. I thought the project had perhaps been abandoned. That is, until XO's Middle Eight just found a clip of her new single 'Caesar' that's been popped on her myspace page.

Not only does is it suddenly make her sound like a pop star, but Robyn is featured on the chorus, and ooh isn't there something about that bassline that screams Teddybears. A quick google and yes it seems she's been working with Klas and Joakim Ahlund from Teddybears who made one of my favourite albums of the naughties. As XO says, it's also refreshing to hear a new female artist who, as much as I might love it, isn't bringing out a banging electro-pop ditty. I want something new for 2010 instead of a continuation. And if it's unpolished girls who hate wearing sequins, are a bit gruff and have some swagger about them - bring it on!



Consider my interest taken from not even worth a head-turn to manically excited (particularly thanks to this picture from her myspace).

1 comment:

  1. You get a LOL purely for the coco dot coco dot com reference.

    ReplyDelete