Monday 28 April 2003

ARGH. I’m just in the

ARGH. I'm just in the middle of the most annoying, long winded, arsey assignment ever. Mr Paul Gillibrand I shall no longer listen to your recommended module advice!!!

But yes anyway.. what have I been upto.

Well, the Easter holidays have finished and i'm now back in the lovely, glorious pit of debauchary and sin that is the beautiful city of Coventry. However this holiday has been one of the v. best!

Nus Conference, Blackpool

For so long now, I've been waiting for my mates to come up from uni to my hometown and well in a round about way they finally did. Lummers, Reissy, Greg and others from Warwick came to the annual NUS National Conference held in the Winter Gardens. The majority of us being NUS virgins we were a tad scared by the rumours we had heard of it being awful and well the conference part of it was a bit scary, but once we got into the swing of it all, we enjoyed it a lot. It showed us a lot about the national executive and conjured up some thoughts of disaffiliation... the NUS exec themselves didnt exactly endear themselves at all during conference, and all seemed like a bunch of careerists who didn't care that much about anything but advancing themselves. Ah well!

I've got to give Paul from Liverpool Hope a shout out now. He reads this blog (hello!) and was at conference and I promised I would. But yes conference was wicked. We all got very lashed repeatedly and it was ace to have people up at home. And I got a hotel even though I lived 5 minutes away!! Photos will be appearing soon, especially of a very drunk alan reiss passed on on the hotel stairwell ;-)

And another one... SRA Spring Conference 2003

Well this was my first SRA Conference and my god I am so pissed off I've missed out on 2 years of them. Rob, Catt, Flymo, Shall, Nick, George and moi trundled off to Nottingham Trent, not knowing quite what to expect, but it was so so good. We learnt absolutely loads about radio, made some wicked mates from other stations, and got involved with the SRA. Rob is WM rep and I guttingly lost chair... but it was my first go and I didnt know anyone so fair dos... Roll on next year.

But my god there are some very attractive men in student radio (why none at raw!) I'm not going to say anything else seeing all the scandal involves me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment