Monday 7 April 2003

New music Being back

New music



Being back home means that I am broadband free and thus music is a little hard to come by. However here is a quick review of what i've managed to get hold of.

Out this week






Continuing the 2003 theme of covering 80s hits and making them popular again (Heaven, I wanna dance, I think we're alone now etc etc...) 56K (who?) bring us there eurotrance cover of the Duran Duran no 2 classic from 1982. Wow I was only 6 months old when this came out originally... bonkers! Unfortunatly this track goes nowhere near the brill updating of Ordinary World from Aurora in 2000. A pretty weak vocal leads up through the dull verse to a better chorus but all together its quite pants really. Expect Flip & Fill to have been near it at some point. Nothing special. Chart pred: number 31
Since leaving the doomed Hear'say, Kym has been branded the bitch in the breakup, a cradle snatcher and a bit of a pramface. I don't really like her so I'm quite happy to believe all that. Cry is a 'nice' song. That's really the only way to describe it. Its purebread, harmless pop. The type of thing you would expect Emma Bunton to do, although a little bit more guitary. Anyway as I said its harmless.. its not going to set the charts alight but its not going to do badly either. Especially as its aided by a video in which she apparantly looks gorgeous in the purple number!?! Chart pred: number 9
The first single from the Canadian winners of popstars arrives in the UK, and is a cover of the top 20 hit by Fierce from back in May 1999. From what I can remember this sounds exactly the same, although it is 4 years ago so I may be wrong. The track is catchy r&b pop and I like it. However I think that it is too easy to pass over to chart very high in the UK. I'd like to say it would chart at about no 12, but my chart pred is number 29

No comments:

Post a Comment