Monday 4 August 2003

Oh my god. Robbie



Oh my god. Robbie was absolutely utterly amazing.

Not only did we see (and were at the very very front of the non vip bit) the most wicked show but also The Darkness (not my thing), Kelly Osbourne (ugh), Ash!!! and Moby!!!

Ash were good doing a mix of old stuff (Girl from Mars, Kung Fu etc), tracks off Free All Angels (sometimes, burn baby burn, walking barefoot etc) and a couple of tracks off their new album due out in September I think. Now personally I *heart* Ash. However the Robbie crowd didn't really seem to be digging it. Whether this was because they just wanted Robbie I don't know but it didn't really add much to the environment for Ash. But I enjoyed them anyway!!

Then was the Special guest star - Moby. The strange little bald man was an absolute wonder to watch. He bounced around the stage from keyboards to drums to vocals. Accompanied by a fantastic female vocalist and a superb band, the only way it could have been better would be if he had been on at a beautiful sunset. Porcelain is in my all time top 5 songs and hearing it live and feeling the amazing atmosphere as its epic notes rang out was amazing. The song has some great memories for me as the holiday after my A-levels in Maguluf, my friend and I were in a club called BCM and they had an amazing light and laser show. You really had to be there but they opened the show with Porcelain and the mix of music & lights was truely awesome. So seeing it live was something special. Once again tho, the crowd didn't seem to dig Moby. Nat & I had our own private party!! :-)

And then... the moment arrived the big man himself - the screaming began & never stopped. Mr Robbie Williams arrived on stage, and my god, I'd never really found him attractive before but I now want to marry the man!!! Kicking off with Let me entertain you, and going through practically every single (missed out eternity, and stuff off Life thro a lense.. gutted) together with tracks off his new album, Mr Bojangles & better man, it was a truely amazing experience. Looking back from the very front we could see masses and masses of people, and can only begin to imagine what a very overwhelming emotional experience that must be for the performer.

Everything was perfect. The set, the songs, the dancers, Robbie, the atmosphere, the weather. Perfect. And then the stuff legends are made of.. Robbie kicked off into his punkish cover of Take That's Back for Good reached the second verse and introduced MARK OWEN!!!! Now I wasn't a Take That girl in their day but boy oh boy we screamed for Britain. Practically half of the Take That reunited on stage... something that would be cast aside as tabloid rumours if reported before hand. To sound like a lancashire bint, "it was well amazing"

And yes we didn't get out of the carpark till 2am. We didn't go to the toilet all day and we were so tired we had to stay at a travelinn on the way back but it was worth every single penny. An absolutely fantastic day

No comments:

Post a Comment