Wednesday 19 January 2005

The Bravery

While still in the same indie-dance realm, The Bravery are a dancier version of the Killers. Named as 'ones to watch in 2005', by the BBC, the NME & Rolling Stone amongst many, the Bravery certainly have a good start to the year, but can they pull it off?

They are 4 New Yorkers and their 2nd single 'An Honest mistake' is hitting radio stations now, before being released on 28th February. They have a tour in the US throughout Febrary before hitting the UK for a series of gigs which all but two of them are sold out. Hopefully I'll find some from somewhere and be able to witness them firsthand.

I'm not sure if any of them can beat Brandon's beautiful face but the single is great, and you can read more about them (and indeed check their faces) in this article from this weeks NME.

Hear a bit of the single at the BBC

1 comment:

  1. I saw them in November last year... They certainly put on a cool show.

    I didn't like the bassist cos I thought he fancied himself too much, everybody else thought he was the highlight of the group - so what do I know. Liking their tunes, and were certainly on the lips of a lot of my friends after the gig. An album will go down well round here... (though I maintain that the 'keyboardist' is just there for show!).

    ReplyDelete