Friday 18 November 2005

Hey, punka, HEY!

Kenickie
I think I might go to Unskinny Bop   on Saturday with "Greg" from Londonist for a bit of a boogie.  I've never been before, and it involves venturing east so it will be a challenge.  But, how can I possibly resist a club who's last playlist includes Shampoo, Girls Aloud, All Girl Summer Fun Band, Kelis, Madge,  Elastica, Bikini Kill, Kenickie, Kate Bush, and Jay Z.   Anyone else who fancies it just hoot.  Sounds small though so I think we'll have to get there quite early, particularly as it seems to be the first one since April.



Tonight we're playing at Trash Palace and then hot footing it to play at  Popstarz a bit later on.  We spent a lot of last night looking at Shine compilations so we'll be playing some tracks that you will either think are forgotten classics or absolute tosh.



I'm spending a lot of time listening to Kenickie at the moment.  I'm so cutting edge obviously (!) but their tracks are so damn catchy!  Also The Modern have been rocking my boat since we saw them at Ibiza Rocks earlier in the year, and I've just got their album sampler which is quite frankly brilliant.   I heard Bis - Eurodisco for the first time last night and that reminded me of the Modern a lot.  Kandy Pop is interesting, and I've loved Dead Wrestlers for ages, so maybe it's time this girl did a bit of Bis investigation.  The new Girls Aloud album, Chemistry, landed in my grubby paws last Friday and is their best album yet.  It's full of Betty Boo-esque raps and Spice-y ballads.   Hooray.  Talking of Betty Boo, has anything happened yet with Wig-Wam, her apparnant side project with Alex James of Blur.  Sounded like it was going to be interesting!



Finally in a week or so I have review tickets to see Kelly Clarkson at Koko which is exciting me lots.  Yes, I only know about 3 songs, but damn they are good.  Let's just wait for a Kelly / Linkin collaboration shall we.   Talking of which, can we have a Linkin Park UK tour please?  It's always the unlikely ones that like Linkin Park isn't it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment