Saturday 19 November 2005

Popstarz Playlist : 19/11/05

We played the late set last night which means we pretty much have to stick to the classics.  Alcohol finishes at 3 so  that means people leave loads after that time.   I only did one experiment but it worked hurrah.



0230 - 0400



Blur - Country House
Presidents of the USA - Video Killed the Radio Star
No Doubt - It's My Life
Le Tigre- I'm So Excited
Blondie - Atomic
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
Offspring - Pretty Fly for A White Guy
Green Day - Holiday
Placebo - Nancy Boy
Pixies - Debaser
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Skunk Anansie - Twisted
Hives - Hate to Say I Told You So
Supergrass - Alright
Clash - London Calling
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Kaisers - Oh My God
Bis - Kandy Pop (the experiment!)
Elastica - Connection
Smiths - This Charming Man
Maximo Park - Apply some pressure
Sleeper - Nice Guy Eddie
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
REM - Shiny Happy People
David Bowie - Young Americans
Pulp - Misshapes
Saint Etienne - He's on the Phone
The Modern - Jane Falls Down



Highlights from our trash palace set include:
Lush - 500 (Shake Baby Shake)
Sleeper - In Betweener
Kenickie - Spies AND punka!
Twiggy - When I think of you
Freezepop - Boys on Film
The Cardigans - Sick and Tired
The Raveonettes - Love in a trash can
Art Brut - Formed a band
Justice vs Simian - Never Be Alone
Kylie - Did it Again
Blur - On Your Own
Bis - Eurodisco
Pras - Ghetto Superstar



Sometimes I really wish I was dancing to my sets rather than playing them!!

1 comment:

  1. God, that looks like a dream playlist. I'm going to have to get to one of these club nights before I get really embarassingly too old.

    ReplyDelete