Thursday 7 June 2007

Fun x 1000

I foolishly forgot to blog about Tigerpicks - "Disco Punk Electro Funk" when it came out intitally labelling it as a bit messy and a Robots in Disguise rip-off. One thing I never disputed though, was the brilliance of the video.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=H4gD_N8PDA4[/youtube]

The Tigerpicks are Frankie, Martyn and Emma, and they're working with none other than Richard X on their debut album. Naturally this single flopped bigtime on sales, but in reality I've never known any little-known track fill a dancefloor so consistantly.

It could be the soundtrack to a computer game, but I think this is kind of what I was expecting Wigwam to sound like. There's no London dates booked in at the moment but when there are, I SHALL BE THERE.

1 comment:

  1. [...] seemingly amazing Tigerpicks who released the impossibly brilliant and guaranteed floorfiller “Disco Punk Electro Funk” earlier in the year. They’re alike because they both like bright colours in their videos [...]

    ReplyDelete