Wednesday 20 June 2007

Wooping at the Shizotechque

Alexander BardAs much as it pains me, actually pains me, to say it, I shall be taking a trip to the sinful container of G-A-Y on July 21st. I've been once before to see Sophie Ellis Bextor, and while it wasn't as dreadful as I was expecting, I do not want to live the life of a traitor.

But on that date something marvellous is happening: the amazing Alcazar are playing. Alcazar probably kick started my love of Scandanavian pop with the camp disco classic "Crying At The Discoteque". Rik and I used to play it near on every week on our student radio show "Lost In Music" so long along back in 2000 partly because we loved it and partly because our fellow student radio buddy Pat found it a little annoying (but this is a man who played "Help Me! I'm a Fish" constantly for about a month so his opinion is not to be trusted.)

Accompanying Alcazar will be fellow Swedes BWO and Army of Lovers. Now rest assured, if you don't like Alcazar, you won't like these bands as they're all produced by Alexander Bard (who's in both AoL and BWO).

There's a veritable posse of us going, so you can break through the club pain by being with a group of friends. Fancy it?

2 comments:

  1. alcazar!! i am jealous. that song "I love the dj" is amazing.

    ReplyDelete