Thursday 21 June 2007

Get to Know You Better Baby!

I've finally started reading the amazing It's a Trap blog which kind of aggregates all Scandinavian music news - new songs appearing, tour dates and the like. Anyway it just reminded me of the existance of Junior Senior. In the UK they'll probably only be remembered for Move Your Feet which hit #3 in 2003, but both "Itch You Can't Scratch" and "Can I Get Get Get" are even better which makes me think their albums could possibly be amazing. Are they worth buying?

Here is the video for "Can I Get Get Get" which had Junior Senior teaming up with friend of the Karinski household JD Samson of Le Tigre. It's a cute, little rapping song which just oozes happiness and has become a favourite of ours to play at Miss-Shapes. Although the video isn't that amazing (despite featuring a cameo from Peaches), it's worth a look just to hear the brilliant song.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BtKAKKPZr04[/youtube]

I've never managed to catch them live, but now they're on my must see list. If you're in America though you're in luck as they've just announced 4 dates. Laurie, Greg -  get your asses to Popscene on  Aug 16 and report back :-)

1 comment: