Sunday 23 March 2003

Conference fun I’ve got

Conference fun

I've got 2 conferences lined up in the next few weeks which should all be good fun.. well one more than the other. Warwick is *very* big on conferences. In fact ask any student and they will tell you that the educational part of the university seems very secondary to it. All the university care about is making the lawns tidy, flowers pretty and putting up different sets of flags every two weeks. I mean really, who would be so silly to consider that buying new books for the library would be more important. Pssf, us students think about such trivial things. (not that I have taken a book out of the library in about 2 years.. but still!!!) They also love to kick people out of their campus rooms within hours of term finishing to get them ready for the conferences and all the sweaty conference sex! (as opposed to sweaty student sex). Thankfully (well in some senses) I lived in the direst set of halls on campus, so dire that they didn't put anyone in them in the holidays. I mean really, imagine coming back to your room and thinking 2 strangers may have been upto all sorts in your bed the night before. Hmm well actually I suppose hotels... ick I've never thought of it like that before!!! Woe betides my pure mind

But anyway.

Conference numero uno: NUS National Conference - Blackpool - March 30th - 2nd April. I'm one of 11 elected delegates from uni & its helpfully being held in my home town. But I'm still going to get put up in a hotel & fed lots which is nice!! And its going to be v. wicked because I'm very good friends with 5 of the other delegates and know all the others so yay! I'm looking forward to having them up here, and of course spending many long days discussing all student politicy things.... :-)

and

numero duo : SRA Spring Conference - The national student radio associations main conference of the year takes place in Nottingham between the 10th and 12th of April. Despite having been involved in student radio for 3 years, I have never got round to going. But this year it should be good. There are 8 of us going so far and I'm waiting to hear on others. Problem though as to where we are going to stay as the suggested accomodation is a tad expensive. If anyone knows Nottingham well and knows of cheap accom give me a shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment