Sunday 2 March 2003

Winamp randomosity returns I’m

Winamp randomosity returns

I'm bored. Hence....

1. The Gypsy Kings - Solo, Solo Dire : Ahem. I really don't know why I have the Gypsy Kings on my drive. I didn't even know that I did. Well a nice start. Erm I don't know what to say really. Its typical Gypsy Kings.. they all sound the same don't they???

2. Blue - Back some day : Blue! Yum! Well anyone who knows me knows I have a slight bias towards these guys. This track is from their first no 1 album, All Rise, and is one of the best non-singles, quite surprised it wasn't a single actually. It has more of a BSB/nsync sound than Blue. Yes i'm cheesy & I like it.

3. The Calling - Just that good : The Calling amuse me. A lot. The lead singer looks like Nick Carter grown up and so doesn't fit into the typical rock stereotype. He should be heading a boy band. This track is from Camino Palmero which is full of "power ballads" including the fantastic Wherever you will go.

4. Five - Take your chances on me : Five were a popular and somewhat credible (well more so than boyzone!) boy band of the late 90s/early 00s splitting up in 2001. Without fail most people can generally sing along to all their singles & they go down a storm at Top B/ Score! This however is a absolutely shite song. Stay well away!

5. Jakatta - American Dream (differentgear remix) : The theme from American Beauty (hi pat!) with random drums and random whispering women all over it. Summer hit from a while ago. Never been too keen myself!

6. Northstarz - Children of the night : Oh god I feel ill. This is a new version of the stonking classic by Nakatomi and it features on the Clubland album. Clubland is made by AATW who work with Flip & Fill, therefore this is invariably shite. It has lost all the energy of the old track, the singer is just so bland & bored its upsetting!! It's also lost the sirens from the original, thus making it even more shite! (Head up Popjustice). Get the original by Nakatomi & burn this!

7. Kosheen - Face in a crowd : Kosheen are fantastic, I love the album to bits. This is the 11th track of Resist and it samples Mike Oldfield's tubular bells. As ever Sian Evans vocals are just fantastic. If you don't have this album get it, its my favourite for a good long time.

Download: Blue/Kosheen Dump: Northstarz!

No comments:

Post a Comment