Wednesday 17 January 2007

I know it instinctively




My wish on the wishing tree, originally uploaded by trixie.

In what is perhaps the booking of the decade, Mika, currently set for this week's #1 slot on downloads alone is playing Popstarz next Friday (26th January). Woo hoo. And while the battle for #1 between Mika and Just Jack, never mind the entire exciting chart of last week (seriously klaxons downloads only at 15? WHAT?) should be spoken about, I'm far more excited about the re-entry into the charts of our glorious leader of pop - Billie Piper.

I've not heard it myself, but Chris Moyles has been running a campaign to get Billie's 4th single Honey to the Bee back into the charts to demonstrate the flexibility (exploitability?) of the new charts. Why he's picked this song I have no idea, after all it's totally her 4th best single falling way short of Day and Night, Something Deep Inside and She Wants You, but who am I to argue? The public seem to have picked this campaign up and run with it with a current iTunes chart position of 15. Whether this translates into a real top 40 placing is yet to be seen but wouldn't it be fabulous if it did? After all we're never going to get any new Billie pop material. Buy, buy, buy.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, mmm, mmm, honey 2 da B, that's u 4 me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I know! I never realised I'd have an actual use for it. It's from a wishing tree at Bestival and tis my wish :-)

    ReplyDelete