Sunday 7 January 2007

Up 4 at 35

It's no secret that I'm quite a big chart geek. Like everyone else I used to tape the chart off the radio every so often trying really hard to capture the songs and cut it off before Mark Goodier started talking, but I've also had a rare pleasure of working on the Official Chart Show (with Wes as presenter) for 6 months back in 2004. This is when the real chart geekiness started and now I seem to pride myself on being the personfication of everyhit.co.uk whenever possible.



So, with the chart rule changes that came into force on 1 Jan, yesterday was the very first day of the new style chart. This is incredibly exciting, anything could happen and a re-entry for Snow Patrol in the top 10 means it all starts kicking off. Of course, I'm too late to write anything intelligent about it, the awesome Mr Discopop has already done it.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, thanks for the plug. I'm a bit of a lurker on karinski.net as it happens, so everything has turned out quite nicely - has it not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you worked on both Wes & Spoony's shows? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete