Sunday 7 January 2007

Top Class Emop

Goaudio
Josh, Zack and James are disgustingly young, and together they make up a band called Go:Audio. They used to be called The Vacancy (I have no idea why they aren't now) but are signed to Sony and make top class emop. Emop is a word I have just made up which unsurprisingly means Emo Pop. The always hilarious Urban Dictionary instead claims emop means: basically an emo, but more dramatic. They are female and tend to have black hair, purple lipstick and navy eyeliner. They love Green Day and make harming use of razors. Emops love their Mommy's. Ace.



 

Go:Audio have been mentioned on a couple of blogs which until tonight I've blissfully ignored. Now I've finally paid attention to I'm Always Right who mentioned the band in their Great Hopes for 07 post. It's bouncy, it's fun and given the current teenage music temprement of the UK I think they could do very well indeed. The very ace Made Up Stories totally channels the vibe of big scorers such as Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy and I'm pretty sure will at the very least get Seldo bouncing around his bedroom, if not the whole of Popstarz. Plus going by the over analytical karinski ruling that if your a boy and you don't put a status on myspace, you are at least a bit gay if not completely, the band themselves might be dancing around Popstarz.  Hopefully I'll have an interview with them soon, but until then, unless emo makes you want to vomit, check their myspace .

7 comments:

  1. I'm friends with go:audio on myspace. They go overboard with the bulletins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspected as much and merely 'favourite'd rather than added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the word.

    I must try and use 'emopop' as often as possible now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more excited about that song than is probably healthy...it's like someone took all my favorite bands, mashed them all together, and then decided they should target the Panic! and Fall Out Boy crowds while actually making music that I like more than anything I've heard from either of those bands...which I'm hoping means a band I love (well, song I love, at least) might actually have a chance at success here, if they ever make it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Emop's love their mommies". Golden. Emopop is a VERY brilliant term indeed, even though we're all aware that Emo is just pop music for those who enjoy the colour black.

    I do think go:audio sounds better than The Vacancy as a name though.

    Oh and thanks for the mention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. go:audio are one of my fave bands
    they are such nice guys and pretty much always reply to everyone on myspace
    these guys are gonna be huge by the end of the year

    ReplyDelete