Sunday 7 January 2007

Lie on my futon

Futon

Futon are playing at Rockstarz tonight. Monday nights at Ghetto are brilliant, I DJ every other week (although am doing 3 consecutives: last week with the surprisingly ace Diskoboy and next with Fleeing From Finales) with the very lovely Laurence. It's an ace night because the people are really open minded, they've come to see a band they probably don't know and they'll dance to anything. This is dreamy, so fantasy free me! Seriously, DANCE TO ANYTHING. I love being able to play stuff like Scissors for Lefty or Metric that would normally clear dancefloors at other nights. Swoon.



Anyway I don't know a lot about Futon, but one of their members is Simon Gilbert, formerly the drummer with Suede . They are based in Bangkok, have had two #1 singles in Thailand and were recently named Thailand's most stylish band. They're over in the UK at for 4 shows promoting their single Strap It On which is taken from their 4th album. They've played at Ghetto before, at Nag Nag Nag, in 2004, but I'm quite excited about tomorrow as I quite like the sound of them on myspace. Suede have always had a strong connection to Popstarz being a core band for the club when it was originally set up in 1996. I think they may have done a PA there at some point (although I'm not sure) and Brett djed at our celebration of Simon Popstarz in 2005, so it's cool to have a spin-off band keeping us in their clubs to visit list.

No comments:

Post a Comment