Monday 8 January 2007

Metric live in London

Snipshot_941g6ao3lvas Hairy Dan alerted me to the fact that the quite exceptional Metric (who in this photo seem to think they are in Spooks) are playing a headline date in London (and Brighton and Oxford) as well as their sold out Bloc Party support gigs. If you're in any of those locations I really can't urge you enough to go. The band are from Toronto and they are very, very hip but still remain fun. The critics and bloggers love them and the hype really is deserved. In America they've been used on Grey's Anatomy (who have a LOT to answer for in this bloody Snow Patrol debacle) and in the UK I nearly leapt out of my warm bed when Monster Hospital opened Hollyoaks last week. I saw them in Hammersmith last year, and they were ace, complete with bullet nipples.



If you're looking for tracks to get you started I'd recommend the aforementioned Monster Hospital as well as Dead Disco and Combat Baby. The main thing here though is that you should come and see them at Dingwalls on 30th January. Ticketweb will get you tickets for £9.65!

4 comments:

  1. I hear you've defected to The Hotstuff Files. Does that mean we won't be getting much more on here? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, I'll still be wittering endlessly on here. The Hotstuff Files part will just be better spelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't just seem to think they're in Spooks, they've actually recruited Keeley Hawes, judging by that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyone who likes good music or garbage (the group) should see metric... ilovemetric.com

    ReplyDelete