Monday 17 February 2003

I realised that since the

I realised that since the demise of the Tipsheet magazine, I haven't been as up to date with good new stuff as I used to be. Hmm don't laugh I tipped Heaven for the top back in January 2002. The tipsheet was a glorious, fantastic thing and although record of the day kindly sent users a special free copy of their mag this week, things just aren't as good. Also I'm not sure I quite trust people who put a Ronan Keating song as a record of the day :-o

So the main new music I currently have:

Stereopol - Dancing Tonight : Love it!! This disco stomper has got all the right qualities to be a big hit when it's released. Not too sure it will be as big as it should though. Male vocals on dancey tracks don't normally go down too well. Fingers crossed though. God knows when that release date is though cos I sure as hell can't find it. It was featured on a MoS compiliation earlier in the year & is getting a lot of radio airplay on emap stations (at least) so it should be coming out soon. [EDIT... AHA March 17th!]

Kira - I'll be your angel : A hell of a lot of places are heralding this as the return to good vocal trance. Sure its an original song and Flip & Fill havent vommed all over it but .. i dunno - it just doesn't really do anything for me. Its no 3 on the Shazam! prerelease chart, yet i'm not too sure how good an indication that really is!! Out today so we shall see what the public thinks on sunday!

Junior Senior - Move your feet : Another disco stomper. Destined to be big

Jennifer Love Hewitt - Can I Go Now? : Yes you most definatly can! Never liked her... never thought she was as gorgeous as everyone seemed to think and oh boy this song is a turkey if ever I heard one!

Lazard - 4 O'Clock In The Morning : Been plugging this one for about a year and a half. Massive in Blackpool for ages and ages, it samples Orca - 4am. Big big female vocal (non cheesy) dance track that I hope finally does well when released.

And finally... I dunno if I dare say this for fear of being lynched

Scooter - Weekend : Yes its scooter. Yes it has a chipmunk vocal. Yes it samples something although I can't for the life of me think of the name of the track but its a fab dance track from about 2 years ago. Yes its v. good. /me hides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment