Tuesday 11 February 2003

Something I haven’t done for

Something I haven't done for ages...
10 random songs

1. Boyzone - A different Beat : Ahem. Yes I have a boyzone song in my mp3s collection. Oops. But hey I need shit for djing. Yes that's why I have it. This was actually one of my fav B'zone songs from back in the day. I did absolutly despise them tho. And will someone tell Ronan Keating to give it up please!!

2. Sunshine Anderson - Heard it all before : As all RaW people will remember, this track was played on our radio 1 broadcast back in 2001. Not really my type of music but its a decent enuff track.

3. Britney - I love Rock n Roll : Charted late last year at no 13, her lowest ever charting song. Cover of the original by Joan Jett from 82. A top B favourite.

4. Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer : Used on the soundtrack to There's something about mary and a number 3 from 1988. I like this song :-)

5. Elbow - Independant Women : One of, if not the funniest cover version ever. Elbow take on Destiny's Child complete with glockenspiel Was the b-side off a single sometime last year afaik.

6. Le mans - Mi nouvela auto biagrafica : From the excellent chilloutesque "Beachlife - the Salina Sessions" album. This is a trumpet based track but nothing really special. Hunt out the album though cos it rocks.

7. Jurgen Vries - The theme : I absolutely adore this song!!! In fact Jurgen Vries is just a god full stop. Love it!!! Also as well as an excellent dance track it makes a perfect bed, especially for Campus Countdown :p

8. Coldplay - Clocks : I don' t normally like coldplay... well no that's a lie. I have no real feelings towards them, i've not attempted to get into them. But this track is fab, with a gorgeous sweeping piano based rift.

9. Andy Williams - Can't take my eyes of you : All time enduring classic... recently seems to be the song to sing to when you're drunk. Absolute chooon

10. Thundercats theme tune Where once I would have listened to this laughing at Pat & Lev. I'm now listening in horror. Will explain soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment