Saturday 11 January 2003

50 years of the

50 years of the greatest Hit Singles


I just *had* to comment on this as I am temporarily disturbed.
I'm sat having a lazy Saturday listening to music & reading blogs before preparing to shop & then do some uni work. I've borrowed a few cds to listen to and put on the above album. Its all fine.. we've got quality songs, Annie Lennox - Nothing compares to you, Oasis - Don't look back in anger, The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset, David Bowie - Heroes etc etc. Then, out of nowhere, awkwardly positioned between Nothing compares to you and Love is all around we get Atomic Kitten - Whole again. I mean WHAT???
The other modern ones Britney - Baby one more time, Spice Girls - Wannabe, Kylie - Can't get you out of my head you can see having a place there as they are monumentilish songs in the charts but there is one final oddity Steps - Tragedy ? Random

No comments:

Post a Comment