Wednesday 1 January 2003

Well first of all I’d

Well first of all I'd like to say that I HATE PAT .  He's made his blog funky and I want a funky blog.  Rot in hell you bastard



 



 




Oh yeah. And then we get to Russ whose stolen my *cough* stolen idea.  You're all fcukwits!  And I call you people my friends!!!



Anyway....



1. The Bluetones - Marblehead Johnson :  I don't really know much about the bluetones at all.  Well s/much/anything - other than they have played at Warwick quite a bit.  Thats it.  Finito. End of all knowledge.  I like that song though. Vaguly remember it from younger years.  Ah yes it reached no 7 in 1996.. yeah that was my Spice Girl era :)



2. Lazard feat Beverly Craven - 4 o clock in the morning:  Qualitteeeeeeeee dance track.  Been about in the NW for about a year or so.  Probably more by now but doesnt seem to have spread down to the nether regions of the UK.  It bases itself on, if I remember correctly, a happy hardcore tune by Orca (i think) - 4am.   Not as cheesy as All Around the World stuff.  Vocals are very light & floaty and its altogether a fab tune to have a good old knees up to ( in the clubbers sense of a knees up :P )  Oh bugger me, I've just check AATW's site and ooh look they have signed up lazard.  If flipping fill get their hands on it... I swear to god I'll kill em.


3. The Divine Comedy - Everybody knows (except you):  Awh.  One of my absolute favourite tracks.  It is an joy everytime I hear this.  The simplicity of the track combined with the brilliance of the lyrics just makes it an absolute chooon.  I cannot believe it only reached no 14!  These pesky single buyers!


4. White Town - Your woman: Corker of a one hit wonder from back in 1997.  The quirkiness of the track propelled it to no1 and with a backtrack like it, how could it do anything but.  I never quite got it though!  I could never be your woman .  Well talk about stating the obvious. 


5. Hear'say - Lovin is easy  The first (and last) Hear'say single feat the new line up.  Well it was poppy, catchy and charted well (no 6).  But they split up in October this year.  I didn't watch the original Popstars so can't say I was particular arsed really.  Now the new bunch of popstars has rolled round and given us Girls Aloud & One True Voice.  Great names, peeps.  Girls Aloud look like they are going to have success ... onto their 3rd week at no1 now, and unless David "the grin" Sneddon manages to throw them off with "Livin the lie", I reckon they will be there until T.A.T.U release "All the things she says" unless I have completely missed something HUGE when I looked through the up and coming new releases!


6. Mauro Picotto - Lizard (gonna get you)- Absolute stomper of a dance track from Picotto, who I partied away at Gatecrasher to back in August.  Play it at any night and the crowd goes wild.  This was the first offering the UK had of Picotto and he has since followed it up with tracks such as Pulsar, and the brilliant Komodo (Save a soul)


7. Boyzone - A Different Beat:  Back in the days of Boyzone, I thought that I really hated them.  Then Westlife came along, and I discovered what hate really was :)




So yeah. Its meant to be 10, but i'm bored so there you go 7 tough luck :P


Trix x

No comments:

Post a Comment