Tuesday 28 January 2003

Just got in from Djing

Just got in from Djing the Atomic Free Spirits social in Zippys. Was a very cool night, apart from the Zippys desk being extra volume sensitive & altogether a bit dodgy.
It was the first night I worked by myself (we're normally in pairs... Dom & me 2moro at Score!), so I was a tad nervous at first. BUT... being able to play what I like, when I like it without having another person ruining my thread of songs. And there were no music constraints. I played a fair share of bootlegs inc. Without Mother, getting its Union debut there!! Its SO funny watching peoples faces as totally different lyrics come on from what they are expecting. And of course my very favourite triple play of Busted - What I go to school for, Avril - Sk8ta Boi, & Bowling for Soup - Girl all the bad guys want.

Was a truly excellent night even tho I was all alone (poor me) in Zippys for a whopping 5 hours. And I got a big round of applause when I finished. Yay me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment