Monday 13 January 2003

All my life I’ve

All my life I've never loved anything but you



mmmm, omg, I watched Buffy 4x5 Wild at heart last night and when Oz said that to Willow, just before he leaves, it left me bawling!! Shocking but such a fantastic line. I didnt remember particularly liking Oz, but now I so do. 4x4 (beer bad) was also watched, and if you're after a comedy buffy, I can definatly recommend it. Very cool.

My fav blog has linked back to me so hello to anyone from O Manchester, so much to answer for, and everyone I know go read him... its ace, and he has a fantastic list of blogs which I am gradually working my way through & will be adding to my links if I like them.

I' m at uni at 3, and its 1.42 so I think i'm going to do another random ten... drumroll please.

1. Nenah Cherry - Woman - A no 9 from back in 1996, I absolutely love this song, and don't hear it enough at all. The instrumental backing is just gorgeous, and cherry's voice & lyrics are just brilliant. Haven't heard anything from her in a long time, her last single in the top 40 was in December 96. I think she may have done something with Eagle Eye a couple of years back tho. I think I may have to hunt out some more of here music as I think that this is the only track that I know.
2. Jackson 5 - Can you feel it - Hehe, a cheeky disco tune sneaking in here. I don't know what it is about this song but it makes me laugh. Used to love it, but heard it far far too much now, thanks to the Lionel Vinyl days.
3. Pink - Split Personality - Hmm never heard this track before. Much more rnb than her latest stuff, and anyone who knows me knows I'm not overly keen on rnb. I think I'm going to add it to my "tunes to listen to" playlist though cos it sounds like a grower. Not a bad track at all.
4. Energy 52 - Cafe del Mar (Marco V remix) - One of the absolute dance classics with a new 2002 remix. This is much harder than the original. Begins with a hard bassline and then breaks down into the familar trace melody and repeats this for about 9 minutes! Good remix but I prefer the original!
5. Lucy Carr - Missing you - From the latest clubland album. I used to like female fluffy vocal trance but its gone far too much into overdrive atm and is just annoying. This isnt a bad track though... and with a good remix could do well and be quite a choon. N.b. I said good remix. This means flip n fill stay far away.
6. DJ Vortex & Arpa's dream - Incoming (arome mix) - Another hard dance track. This was recommended to me by Gaz ages & ages ago. Bit monotonous, have a dude shouting "incoming" in the background... .but then it breaks down into this fantastic sample of Fugees - Ready or not . Worth at least a one of listen to hear the fugees bit!
7. Conway - Smells like missy elliott - One of the first bootlegs I heard. Nirvana vs Get ur freak on. You all know it... if not GET IT NOW! Quite funny to play it in a club and confuse the hell out of everyone when missy randomly starts :-)
8. Paul Hardcastle - Running back Taken from an album produced by Jazz FM, this really is just light, not very interesting jazz. Can't say it does anything for me & its the first time I've heard it. Bit dull really.
9. Craig David - Rendezvous As I've said before I'm not a particular fan of this guy, but this & Hidden Agenda are my favourites. The soft background melody is gorgeous. His lowest charter tho at no 8. Accused by some of being drab and boring i find it a very relaxed, romantic tune and there are some ace upbeat remixes. Love it!
10. Spooky - Belong (Echospace remix) - Taken from Cream's Future Chill album, this chillout track has nothing particularly endearing or memorable about it. A female vocal over some electronica, it does nothing for me.

So there we go. Not a brilliant ten this time round.
Burn it: DJ Vortex - Incoming (if you like dance & just to hear the fugees bit.) / Craig David - Rendezvous
Bin it: Paul Hardcastle - Running back
- its just cack!

No comments:

Post a Comment